Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I love lists!

I guess that's a common thing, loving lists. A year ago, when I was working with the healer, she had me stop making lists. Try to stop making lists. We worked on my letting go of the feelings tied to accomplishing the things on the lists. This is how things would go down: I'd make a to-do list in the AM, bursting at the seams with promise and optimism. By midday I'd feel lazy and lousy. Anything I did from this point on was always tainted with the failure of not getting everything done. This is also common, I imagine.

Pnina had me do energy work where I'd stop beating myself for not doing all the things I wasn't doing, basically working to be OK whether I did all this stuff on the list or not. I worked to see then clear the blocks that were in the way of easily doing all this work on my list. For a brief time, I was freed from making lists. I found myself actually doing some of the things I would have put on my lists, and juts not worrying about the other things.

For now, I am back to the lists. There is something immensely comforting about committing tasks, wants, and needs to paper. I continue to work to let go of the perceived failure of not crossing everything off. It's midday now and I can feel a list coming on, I can feel the lazy and lousy encroaching, but this year I have tools to get free of those feelings and get my stuff done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home