Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Blogs are for finding stuff out

I have been reading a lot more blogs than normal for me, in an effort to do research for this project awes. biz partner and I are working on. I never really had the patience for them before, but now I seem to be engrossed in one not so peripherally related to someone I know. It's weird reading about someone you don't know but feel like you should, or will, and then finding stuff out about the someone you do know. I've never been a snooper in any other way, but something is propelling me forward through this person's life. Actually backward. In an effort to make things not so easy for myself, I am reading the entries in reverse chronological order, although the way his blog is set up, reading them forwards would be just as easy.

I really like this guy's writing. It gives me a sense of who he is, how he is, or who/how he is in my mind anyway. But it makes me feel like a creep, which I am. DZ told me about a funny experience reading this West Coast group of people's blogs. She was way deep into them (same as me, with anything I consider a TV show, like this guy's blog, which is fucked up because it is his life) and knew who they all were and somehow managed to run into them (ish) at the Whitney Biennial last year (?). I think her face burned a little bit when she realized who this group standing next to her was and why she knew them and why they didn't know her.

I dread this. And it could happen very easily. I also dread people knowing shit about me. So what am I doing writing and posting it on the internet? I like to talk. That's the only way I can explain it. What can you do? It's the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home