Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Letters are the new Blog

I love letters. I love getting letters, duh, who doesn't. But I also love to write letters. It is my favorite way of expressing myself. Even having an 88-hour conversation with a worthy companion doesn't quite match up to a well-crafted piece of personal writing, intended only for the eyes of one other person. When I know they're good, I like to read my letters over and over and imagine how they will be received.

From Sunday:

As far as Sunday night goes, I can relate. I really hated Sundays for
years and years and years. When I was a kid I used to see my dad on
Sundays; it usually involved some kind of confrontation/argument and
maybe tears, then coming home to do homework. Barf! Sometimes I
escape by pretending I am someone else who doesn't get sad and stressed
on Sunday night. Having the job I do now helps, too.

I still hate homework and now I have a ton of it. All for the purpose
of getting rich, though. And famous. But mostly rich. I know you'll
do well on your papers because I can tell you are a good writer and I
already know you are smart. Getting started is easy; just use my
winter motto: FEEL THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY!

From tonight:
I went to yoga for the first time in a few weeks and it was wonderful.
I thought about you while I was there; I think you would have liked
tonight's class. Very spiritual and mellow. Jan even had some new
moves: the balance posture was called dancer; it was cool. I also felt
good because I though I was gonna suck at all of it for not going for
weeks and I didn't. I asked her if she's teaching next Tuesday night
and she said yes. If you'd like to join me next week, that'd be nice.
If not, ok too.

After mellow yoga, K came over to get some info because I am paying
her to do some work for me (I finally have an assistant, which is one
of my dreams, realized!) She brought her laptop to take notes and look
stuff up and then I got my laptop out to show her something then Amy
came in and called us "internet cafe" and asked if she could bring her
laptop too, which she did. K asked how much our croissants cost.
Instead of coffee, though, we are all drinking beers, which is not very
internet cafe of us. Well, maybe in Europe, but I wouldn't really
know.

I have always wanted to make a living writing letters and it seems, in
a convoluted way, I am getting my wish. So now I have to go do more
homework which, thankfully, is sort of about writing letters.

Newsflash, these are emails to the dude. I can't help it. It's who I am. I'm trying to learn how not to punish myself for being who I am. Plus I know, whether he writes me back or not, he appreciates my written word. I know I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home