Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Can't a girl eat a deep fried rabbit in peace?

Last night I did a deal via text message. That's pretty hilariously New York City of me, I'd say.

I was at Il Buco tasting some of the new menu and sipping Punt E Mes and a call came in from the Indian banker who has been jerking me around and trying to jack me on the fee. Being in a crowded and bustling restaurant, I didn't answer but instead texted him that I was at dinner and had he made a decision?

Me: at dinner. Are you interested in proceeding w/apt & trying for $2175?
Him: My other broker found another apartment for $2195 (with one month broker fee)-if you can push the broker fee to 10% ill go with you..


(The whole time I am thinking about how you can't close Indians)

Me (to DW):Ny tower dude just texted me that other broker found apt for $2195 w 1 mo fee. Said if we can do 10 percent he'll go w us.
DW: Do the deal @ 10% how early can I see an app?
Me: I texted him w info & fax #. I'll let you know.
Me: he says he just sent bank statement, job lttr and paystub just now. I sais I'll send app in am. Also, will pay 10 perc on 2200 but wants to try for $2175 rent.


(If there is a percent % key on my phone, I can't find it. Also, I cannot find +, which I could really use in humorous text messages..)

Me: ok deal @ 10 percent. Get me paperwork 1st thing in am. Or fax tonight to 212 475 3700 attn e-- l--. Job lttr,bank statement,paystub 2005 taxes etc.
Him: ill fax first thing tomorrow am - I will still pay the 10% on 2200, but would appreciate if you can get the rent to 2175. Appreciate you working with me.
Me: Ok cool. Early as possible!!
Him:Just faxed bank statement, salary info and letter, and paystubs!
Me:Awesme. I'll email fax you app in am.

Now it is the AM and we've all been on the phone a few times. I think it is actually happening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home